Glossary of Glossary Ideas
Note: You may download the entries for this glossary here. If you wish to use this in your own Moodle course, first make a blank glossary and then follow the instructions for importing glossary entries here.
This was begun as a list of ideas from a Moodle.org chat on creative ideas for using the Moodle Glossary module and was set up by Paula Clough.
Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL
By James Gates -
3. Inspirational/Motivational Quotes
Rateable Recipe Archive Glossary
by Mikko Turunen -
Rateable recipe archive for students of international cooking!
Sharing Relevant Internet Links Glossary
by Lucy Mellersh -
I'm using the glossary as a place for the students to collect and share relevant Internet links.
Student Independent Vocab Look Glossary
by Mary Parke
An art history instructor created a teacher glossary of terms with auto-linking on so that she didn't have to interrupt the flow of the course lessons and lectures by stopping and defining each new term. Students could just click on the term (if they needed assistance) and go directly to the glossary (setup using encyclopedia format so some entries could also have a visual representation of the term)
Student of the Week Glossary
by Randy Orwin
· A 5th grade teacher uses a glossary in conjunction with the random glossary entry block to create students of the week. He has added a photo of each student to a glossary, without identification, and then each week the random glossary block shows the photo of that student as student of the week. He has the block setup so that it just goes through the list of students in order so everybody gets a turn. The students love it!
Student Poetry Glossary
by Randy Orwin -
· Along the same lines as above, a teacher has students create poetry in a glossary and then pushes the poems to the home page using the random glossary entry block.
Tips of the Day
by Mary Parke -
d) "Tips" - another Health/Nutrition instructor had a list of frequently used terms and concepts in her course that students always struggled with so she created a Tip of the Day glossary and fed it to the Random Glossary Entry block so a tip would appear each day on the homepage.
Tutorials for Photoshop Glossary
A. T. Wyatt -
· tutorials for photoshop (they uploaded their created image, linked to the tutorial, and gave it a rating for quality)
Vocab or Quotes Daily Word/Quote of the Day Glossary
by Randy Orwin -
· Another great idea is to use the random glossary entry block to do quotes of the day or vocab word of the day.