Science Terminology for 11-13 Yr Olds --- (Jon Witts)
Note: You may download the entries for this glossary here. If you wish to use this in your own Moodle course, first make a blank glossary and then follow the instructions for importing glossary entries here.
This contains 12 individual glossaries based on the units from UK Year 8 Key Stage 3 Science.[11-13 Yr Olds]
- Food and Digestion Glossary
- Respiration Glossary
- Microbes and Disease Glossary
- Ecological Relationships Glossary
- Atoms and Elements Glossary
- Compounds and Mixtures Glossary
- Rocks and Weathering Glossary
- The Rock Cycle Glossary
- Heating and Cooling Glossary
- Magnets and Electromagnets Glossary
- Light Glossary
- Sound and Hearing Glossary
Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL
the smallest bit of something
force pulling towards something
nerve that carries electrical signals from the ear to the brain so we can hear
range of nutrients needed to stay healthy.
rectangular type of magnet with poles at each end
layer of rock; a stratum
the boundary between one bed and the next
device which moves as temperature changes, often part of an electronic heating control system
fluid responsible for transporting substances from part of the body to another.
maintained temperature of the body, in humans 37 degrees Celsius.