Science Terminology for 11-13 Yr Olds --- (Jon Witts)
Note: You may download the entries for this glossary here. If you wish to use this in your own Moodle course, first make a blank glossary and then follow the instructions for importing glossary entries here.
This contains 12 individual glossaries based on the units from UK Year 8 Key Stage 3 Science.[11-13 Yr Olds]
- Food and Digestion Glossary
- Respiration Glossary
- Microbes and Disease Glossary
- Ecological Relationships Glossary
- Atoms and Elements Glossary
- Compounds and Mixtures Glossary
- Rocks and Weathering Glossary
- The Rock Cycle Glossary
- Heating and Cooling Glossary
- Magnets and Electromagnets Glossary
- Light Glossary
- Sound and Hearing Glossary
Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL
when living cells or blood take in food or oxygen
light energy hits a surface and is converted into heat energy
what happens when digested food particles pass from the digestive system into the bloodstream.
to build up
the process of building up or gathering together
has a pH less than 7, for example stomach acid.
changes to organisms which allow them to survive or to do their job
glucose from food reacts with oxygen to produce energy
has a pH greater than 7.
air sacs in the lungs where gaseous exchange happens